Loading...
Loading...

Bongbong months away from vice presidency? ‘Fake news,’ says VP Leni

8 October 2017
Office of the Vice President
Vice President Leni Robredo on Sunday reacted to former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s claim that he is only months’ away from the vice presidency.
In her weekly radio show, “BISErbisyong LENI” on RMN, VP Leni tagged as “fake news” the claims that the defeated vice presidential candidate has been making in speaking engagements and public pronouncements, as early as last year, after losing the elections.
“Medyo nakakatawa iyon kasi kung titingnan natin iyong kaniyang mga speeches saka mga deklarasyon—mula pa last year, pagka-eleksyon—parati niyang sinasabing madali lang. Madali lang daw, uupo na siya. Pero…parang nafe-fake news yata tayo,” VP Leni said.
The progress of the electoral protest he lodged before the Supreme Court, sitting as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal (PET), shows otherwise, she said. She pointed out that the tribunal has effectively upheld the integrity of the 2016 national and local polls, when it turned down Marcos’ first cause of action. This after Marcos has consistently anchored his accusations on the nullity of the entire automated elections.
She also chided the former senator for backtracking on his earlier claim that he has many witnesses who can attest that the results for the VP race last year was manipulated.
“[K]ung titingnan lang natin iyong records… Ngayon siya na ang nagsasabi na wala na siyang testigo, kaya gustong sabihin na iyong sabi niya dati na marami siyang testigo, ano iyon?” she said.
“[P]arang…tingin ko tayong mga Pilipino ngayon, namumulat na, natututo na din. Natututo na kung anong papaniwalaan,” she added. “May kasabihan nga na maloloko mo iyong mga tao paminsan-minsan, pero hindi sa lahat na oras.”
– 30 –  

Comments(0)

    Leave a Comment